ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: ABC and 123's Kick Off Extravaganza

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ABC and 123's Kick Off Extravaganza

Welcome to ABC and 123: A Learning Cooperative. We are busy planning an exciting two week kick off starting Friday March 13th! Some may find Friday the 13th to be an unlucky day, but since one Katie is celebrating a birthday that day, we think it will be the perfect time to celebrate this new beginning.

We are genuinely enthusiastic about learning and teaching, at all levels, to all abilities. We just couldn't wait until the 13th to let you in on our excitement. We are looking forward to seeing many great learning activities and lessons from you, our collaborators! Please take some time to look around. Browse the links on our left sidebar to check out the upcoming themes we are collecting ideas for, our posting schedule, and tips on how to write a great submission.

The activities you share do not have to be brand new. If you have some "big hits" posted in your archives, that you've tried with your children and/or students, we'd love to review them. Please send you submissions to: abc123learning@gmail.com

When you return on March 13th for our kick off event, you will have the opportunity to test your luck with the first of our daily time saving, learning activity giveaways. A new giveaway EVERY day for TWO weeks - yes, you read that right! The 13th will also be our first day "live" sharing with you the lessons and activities we've compiled!

Are you as excited as we are? Here is what you can do in the mean time.
~Become a follower and be one of the 1st to participate on the 13th!
~Grab our button to share the news & make it easy to find your way back!
~Leave us a comment regarding a theme you'd love to see featured!
~Send us your submissions!

If you do those three things you will already be well on your way to winning a prize in our first giveaway! There may even be an additional prize announced for early bird participation.

Looking forward to cooperating with you as we learn together,
Katie & Katie

12 comments:

  1. THIS IS WONDERFUL! I am your 1st blog follower on the new site! I am so excited to get ideas from you girls!

    By the way, the school called me for the big interview tomorrow at 1 pm. Sooooo... I'll get the job and be able to use your site in my classroom!!! EEEEEK! If not, I'd love to use them with my lil boys!

    CONGRATS, this is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Ladies! And seeing the format I won't be so "nervous" to share an idea. :) Saved in my favs so I can keep a close watch on it! Thanks! ~ Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Katies!!!!!
    I linked it on Cherry Lane as a site to visit!
    I'm excited to see all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just AMAZING!!!

    I can't wait for the 13th!

    Until then I will be thinking of themes and ideas we have done in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see what ideas everyone comes up with. I am always looking for something new to do with my preschooler and toddler. I think your themes look great and I will be thinking of things we have done to submit. I really look forward to reading your blog.

    Great job ladies!
    ~Sara

    P.S. Another theme idea I would love to see is gardening. I think there could be lots of fun things to do and learn with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to come right over and check it out. Its WAAY too awesome! I love that I only have to go to one place to find everything.
    I am especially liking some of your themes: especially the life skills. You can get really creative with them! The inclusion of physical activity too is so important (monkey around mondays). I think Katiesquared is going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog (chasing cheerios). You can use any of my ideas at any time :) Thanks for asking and linking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your site, I have bookmarked it. I homeschool and I am always looking for cool sites like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome! I can't wait to read more.

    I nominated this blog for an award. Check it out here:

    http://ourniftynotebook.blogspot.com/2009/02/ive-been-honored-with-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! My 3 year old wants the theme to be "pink". Thanks.

    I have posted you button on my blog. (Birthday Bash Listing) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!! I am new here!! I signed up as a follower and added your button to my blog!!!what a wonderful site. will think of themes and report back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! I'm excited for this site! I added you to my blog too. I'm also following:)

    ReplyDelete