ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: The Letter Q

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Letter Q

Welcome! New to ABC and 123?
Please check out our FAQ in the left sidebar.


My Bilingual Boys teaches some basic Spanish language during this Q is for Quesadilla activity.
 

Thanks to Jolanthe for submitting a great bunch of activities to teach the letter Q.  She said the Quarter Toss was especially enjoyable.

Our Alphabet Adventure shared with us a Q is for Quail project.
 

Apples and Jammies put together a colorful quilted Q.
 

Livin' With Me also tried a quilted Q, but used construction paper instead of cloth.
 

Q is for Queen from Pocket Full of Posies  - and these queens are cute!  The same post has a Quick action game to get children up and moving.

Q is for Quilts and Q-tip painting and this post makes them look like fun!


Pocketful of Posies also shared a picture of their letter Q lapbook.  You will appreciate that each of Pocketful of Posies posts also include a recommended picture book.

 
No one submitted a fabulous recipe, but it seems that making a Quiche would be a tasty way to teach Q too!
Or my personal favorite Q word - quiet time;)

4 comments:

  1. Fun ideas! I submitted our Q activities a couple of times a while ago, but I guess they didn't make the cut! LOL Here's a link in case anyone is looking for a few more ideas. :) http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2009/11/tot-school-letter-q.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I didn't get my Q's in Quick enough. I got sidetracked the other day. I absolutely love these Q ideas. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking to my "Q" ideas!! I appreciate the resource your site is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas for Q! Have a great weekend ladies.

    ReplyDelete