ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative

Monday, December 17, 2012


Along with the rest of our country my heart is breaking; as parents and teachers the tragedy in Connecticut affects us on so many different levels.  Since Friday I've been scraping together my thoughts in response to a situation that will never make sense. My words are not eloquent enough to share, but I have been pouring over the words of others to find peace and encouragement moving forward.  As we like to do here on ABC & 123: A Learning Cooperative, I have compiled links here to a few posts that may speak to you as well.
"Thank God for all the writers of the world who put pen to paper and create life rafts for the rest of us." Vigil by Glennon 
Explaining the News to Our Kids by Common Sense Media
A Christmas Prayer by Max Lucado
Sigh No More by Chris
Rage Against the Minivan has also put together a list of the posts that SHE found helpful.
On a personal note, I would like to once again thank every one of you who spends your days in a classroom teaching, loving, caring for, and protecting all children as if they are your very own!  Know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers as you headed back to your classrooms this Monday morning with a new heaviness and sense of responsibility. In the coming days we will likely continue to post our typical content on this site, but please understand that does not mean that we have moved on or forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment