ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Life Skills Lesson: Dreams & Setting Goals

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life Skills Lesson: Dreams & Setting Goals

Welcome! Are you new to ABC and 123?
Please check out our FAQ in the left sidebar.

In honor of St. Patrick's Day we will be linking to some creative ideas for teaching the value of dreams.

The happyhome club is a helpful resource, featuring many wonderful ideas for teaching life skills & values in your home or classroom.

Kevin @ Pick the Brain shares an informative article for parents titled, 5 Ways to Help Your Child Reach Their Dreams

Get the conversation started with these Dreamy Conversation Starters!

Create a Family Dream Box to teach your children about the value of dreaming.

Baking a Charmed Dream Cake could become a new family tradition.

Write your own Dream Cards to record the wishes, dreams, and goals of your family members.

The Scholastic Site shares an activity plan for teaching K-2nd Grade students about the importance of hopes & dreams

Today's Giveaway:

Is this lovely set of Conversation Starters made by Katie from A Listmaker's Life and a book full of holiday tradition suggestions to try with your family.

You will receive one entry per comment. Please submit separate comments for each entry option you choose.

To Win:
Leave a comment - What is one of your dreams or goals for your family?
Send us a submission
Become a follower
Add our button to your site

Good Luck! We’ll announce a winner tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. My biggest hope (and prayer) is that my children know God in a personal way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My big picture goal is to raise two children who are responsible, contributing members of society. My daily dream is just to get through the day without popping my cork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dream for my daughter is I hope she will be a kind, contributing member of society. I hope she brings her Baba groceries when she is ill. I hope she keeps her (future) siblings in check. I hope she is a good friend and makes me a Baba!! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I think your site is really great! Good luck with all you two do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream is for my children to never fight....oh, wait a minute, I'm not sleeping :)

    My goal/dream for my family if for my children to remember all the happy times we've spent when they get older and to make many more happy, fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. forgot to add, I'm a follower too :) The ideas you have shared since Friday are awesome! There are so many talented people and it's so nice how everyone shares all their ideas and instructions.

    ReplyDelete