ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Heather

Friday, November 5, 2010

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Heather



Hey everyone, my name is Heather Lynne and my blog, Raising Memories, is all about fun things you can do with your children while you're raising them, that will not only teach them, but be fun and easy, and will help you to build great memories!

I got started in the interest of sharing ideas and staying motivated to do more with my kids. We've had a blast! I also occasionally share my photography on the blog.


Each Sunday, I have "Sharing Time" which is a chance to link up to some of your best ideas that you've blogged about (things you do with or for your kids) and to check out some of the best of what others have been doing. I'd love to see your ideas, so come check it out on Sunday!

Now, I thought I'd share a few of our favourite activities with you, but you'll have to come visit us for lots more fun- I'd love to meet you!


We had so much fun with this homemade advent calendar last Christmas! (Not just making it, but each day after that, as we counted down to Christmas! There are lots of other ways you could count down besides candy, too- check the blog post for some ideas:)


This Winter flower garden was definitely one of my daughter's favourites- we made flowers out of her hand shape, sprayed them with perfume, and created a flower garden in the middle of Winter! Definitely come see what fun you could have, doing the same thing! :)


I like finding ways to make learning fun. When my oldest daughter started to learn to read, we did this Easter reading hunt- so fun!


Sidewalk paint was a definite hit this summer, with both of my kids. If you're lucky enough to live somewhere that's warm enough for this right now, I definitely suggest you give it a try!


Here's one you can do any time of the year- who knew Science could be so much fun?! All you really need is ice and food colouring to learn about blending colors.


Well, I'd love to go on and on about all of the fun things we've done and the ideas we've found that we'd love to share with you, but this post can only hold so much information- you'll have to come visit us for more! :)

You can find me at http://www.raisingmemories.com/ (a jumping off point from which you can find my blog, my photography, or my Heritage Makers business). You can also find me at my Raising Memories Facebook Group (where you can find updates on giveaways as well as Heritage Makers information); and Raising Memories on Twitter (mostly just lets you know when there's a new blog post)

4 comments:

  1. Lots of cute ideas-I will have to start following you! Just stopping by from http://growing3godlygirlz.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great post Heather! I missed your activity for the winter handprint garden. That looks like so much fun! Thanks for spotlighting it so I can go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun ideas! I especially love the advent calendar and the blending colors activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding great new blogs through these spotlights! Thanks!
    heather- I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete