ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Teaching with Ticia: Introduction

Monday, November 15, 2010

Teaching with Ticia: Introduction

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.

Today we are thrilled to be introducing you to our newest contributor, Ticia from Adventures in Mommydom! She'll be sharing with us on the first and second Monday of the month so please be looking for her brand new feature! Here is a brief hello from Ticia:

Hi! I'm Ticia, and I'm going to be a new contributor here at ABC and 123. I'm very excited to be joining this super cool blog.

First, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm currently a homeschooling Mom with three kiddos. My boys are 5, and my daughter is turning 4 on Saturday. So, for those of you thinking grade level, my boys are in kindergarten, and my daughter is in pre-school.

As to me, I used to teach elementary school. I taught first grade and second grade. I love the early grades because there are so many different ways to teach them.

The ironic thing is that while I teach young kids, I love many topics usually geared towards older kids. I love history and science. I'm terrible at geography but recognize it's important.

So, I've been teaching my kids about these topics, and that's what I'm going to be sharing with you. Different ways to make topics that seem boring and dry, fun and interesting.

I can't wait to get started and share fun ideas with you.

6 comments: