ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Wendy

Friday, September 30, 2011

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Wendy


I absolutely adore children's books and illustrations! I have a BFA from Ringling School of Art as well as a law degree from the University of Florida. In 2004 I decided to use my art degree and I wrote, illustrated and self-published Little Lilly's Polka Dot World, which is about a fictional character, Little Lilly, who lives in a world filled with polka dots.

The book was placed in Barnes & Noble as well as Books-A-Million. Fast forward a few years later to 2011. I have now developed a fun interactive website for children. It has animation, learning tools, games, activities and a narrated version of the book. The kids seem to love it!! It got a great review by Teachers First where it was recommended for use in the K-1 classrooms as well as at home.

The goal for me is to develop ideas that can be translated into values-based education and entertainment.   I also have a blog which is located at www.littlelillypolkadotbedtimeblog.blogspot.com
Please visit!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment