ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Number Sense

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Number Sense


Here is a little Number Sense activity I thought would be fun to reinforce number words, number pictures, and numerals {1-10}.  For more math ideas from my previous posts, click {here}.
You need these {Toy Cars}- You can buy them at the Dollar Tree:


And you'll have your kiddos drive over {trace} the numbers on these:










Clipart and/or fonts are copyright DJ Inkers and used with permission: www.djinkers.com


Click {HERE} to download  Driving Numbers!




 I got this sweet little idea from another teacher/blogger {here}. 
Mrs. Morrow does this same thing with sight words. Fabulous!


How else can we use these toy cars to help children learn?


Come visit me at my blog!

6 comments:

  1. I actually made up a recording sheet to go with the letter highways for spelling sight words. You can download it on my blog!

    http://mrsisclass.blogspot.com/2011/03/sight-word-highway.html

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks so much for posting. I used cars like this for measurement this year. We all brought cars to the gym, and had a contest to see whose car could go the furthest. I was amazed to see how much my boys AND girls loved working with cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the ideas. I am new the ed blogging world and am already addicted!
    Randi
    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the ideas. I am new to blogging and I am completely addicted because of blogs like yours:)

    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea and even more awesome blog! :) New follower!
    ~sarah
    funintitlemath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete