ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Confessions of a Homeschooler Joins Us!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Confessions of a Homeschooler Joins Us!

Please help us in welcoming long time contributor, graphic designer extraordinaire, and friend, Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler! You likely remember Erica from our reader spotlight and most recently from her fantastic letter of the week preschool curriculum giveaway. Erica will be joining our team as a regular feature writer, posting every other Monday, with a new column called “Play to Learn!”

I'm very excited to be a part of the ABC and 123 Learning Cooperative with a new feature called “Play to Learn!”. ABC and 123 has been one of my favorite blogs since I first entered into the blogging world, and I am so honored to be a part of their team!

As the title Play to Learn denotes, I plan to write about fun and creative ways to learn! As homeschoolers, we have a great opportunity to think out of the box and incorporate all kinds of different hands on learning tools to make the learning experience more fulfilling and FUN for our children! Here are some of the fun things we’ve done in our homeschooling adventure:

Lapbooking:

We love lapbooking! We mainly use lapbooks as a fun side-unit to our regular studies. The kids get to each pick a subject they are interested in and that is their “Fun Box” for the week. Here was one we did while doing our Letter S for snowman week, The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats. You can read more about this lapbook here.

IMG_2961 IMG_2969

Games:

My kids seem to love anything that doesn’t involve being chained to a desk, for example we play hopscotch to learn our numbers, we write with sand, practice logic skills and shapes with Tangrams, we do math in shaving cream, we dig for fossils in our sandbox, and we count with anything that we can find!

IMG_1326 IMG_3294IMG_3651 IMG_1717IMG_3733

Arts & Crafts:

While I love doing crafts, I hate the mess! Homeschooling is slowly breaking me of that, and I do my best to share our fun as we go!

IMG_2294IMG_3008 IMG_1439 IMG_1565

Along with tons of FREE printables, I’ve also just introduced my Letter of the Week Curriculum! Click the button below for more information!

LOTWlogo

So those are just some examples of things I hope to share with you all here at ABC and 123! I’m excited to get started, and I am also happy to use my posts as a forum for answering any questions you might have.

Please feel free to email me at homeschoolerconfessions@gmail.com and ask away! Just let me know you're coming from ABC and 123, and I will try my best to help.

signature

We could not be happier about adding Erica to our team! It is exciting to be able to offer our readers high quality ideas from parents and teachers who love what they are doing with their students!

4 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for Erica.. she has always lot of funny ideas for teach children! She's welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica: Great introduction, I am so happy to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete