ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Anne

Friday, January 28, 2011

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Anne

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.


Hi. My name is Anne and my Blog is called TeachingTwo. I am a wife, teacher, and the mother of 3 little girls. I was an elementary school teacher until the day I had my first daughter. I worked that day. My husband took the day off, because he was stressed.

Since then I’ve been a stay-at-home mom and for the past 2 years a part time preschool teacher. I enjoy finding ways to teach my class and the 3 most precious students I’ve ever had, my daughters.

I began blogging a few years ago when a few friends of mine kept asking me to write down the activities I was doing with my daughter. It has become a place to journal, keep track of resources I’ve found, and communicate with friends & other moms.

Here are a few of my most read & commented on posts.

1. Teaching my kids is something I try to do everyday even if they aren't aware they are learning. I like to make math something they learn to use in everyday situations. Here is a calendar of ideas I did with my kids each day during the month of June 2010. Look forward to more calendars like this one in 2011.


june.jpg

2. I love Dot Art. There are so many things you can do with them. Below is just one example. Check out many more in this post.

april-2009-102.jpg

3. My 4-year old had a blast making these paper dolls.

september-2009-021.jpg

4. One of my most popular posts has been one I did on Dr. Seuss Day activities.

february-2010-018.jpg

5. Finally, I survived camping day with the girls but I didn't get much done around the house while they were playing. Check out this post for some more pictures and activities.

june-2009-038a.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love Ann's ideas on her blog. I would love to follow her but I don't see a place on her blog as to how to follow or get email updates. I don't even see contact email address.
    Please let me know how I can become her follower.

    sharonsaad at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can follow Anne on Facebook. There are several links on the Blog.

    ReplyDelete