ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Online Interactive Manipulatives

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Online Interactive Manipulatives


Perhaps this is a site that is familiar to many of you, but after I discovered it during my grad class this week I was anxious to share it here.
The site, National Library of Online Manipulatives, has been compiled by Utah State University.
There are options to chose from a variety of math topics including: Numbers & Operations, Algebra, Geometry, Measurement, Data Analysis, and Probability.  After identifying your topic of interest the options are available to choose the grade level you will be working on the subject with.
Once your preferences are made, the site directs you to a library of online manipulatives.
The screenshot below  gives you a very limited glance at the type of tools available, but you are really going to want to check it out for yourself!
I am anxious to experiment with several of the interactives and to increase my planning productivity with this one stop online library. 

We would all enjoy hearing about any lessons you plan using this resource.  Tell us how your students liked it!

4 comments:

  1. I just had a look at this website and there is so much stuff there that I can use. Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful resource- THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link. I look forward to spending sometime researching what they have available for mathematics learning, exploration and problem solving!

    ReplyDelete