ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Bilingual Wednesdays- Oso Pardo

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bilingual Wednesdays- Oso Pardo


June 25th  was  Eric Carle  birthday and we celebrated his life and wonderful work with my kids. Either in English and Spanish I LOVE his books!

These are some ideas for the Spanish Brown Bear, Brown Bear What can you see? 
Oso pardo, oso pardo, ¿qué ves ahí?

Some words you can teach in Spanish
Bear: Oso
Bird:Pájaro
Cat:Gato
Duck:Pato
Frog:Rana
Horse:Caballo
Sheep:Oveja
Dog:Perro
Teacher:Maestra
Children:Niños

And you can also review colours: brown, red, white, black, blue, green, yellow, golden, orange,purple.

This is how I prepare a Take me home bag for the book

Oso Pardo, Oso Pardo, que puedes ver?
yo puedo ver una rana verde mirándome a mi!


I added the book and puppets and glove for retelling the story


We colour, cut and store characters in the book in a retelling bag.


I pasted a pocket in the books with activity cards for independent and guided reading. I made  Spanish flashcards to review the characters from the story.
Download the freebies in my blog




3 comments:

  1. I wanted to invite you over to my site! I've got some great resources that I just posted and I know you would love to have them for your little ones....there's going to be a giveaway EVERY Day for the next 5 days!! WooHoo!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love brown bear!!! I actually have a unit on brown bear coming up this fall. BTW, make sure you stop by my blog and join because my first giveaway is going live in less than 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to have many activities from just one book. Stop by my blog anytime at toddlersthroughpreschool.com
    Happy July!

    ReplyDelete