ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Ordering Holiday Cards for Your Family or Classroom

Monday, November 12, 2012

Ordering Holiday Cards for Your Family or Classroom

'Tis the season for designing holiday cards, placing your order, and getting the addresses on the envelopes.  With a little planning ahead regarding  Christmas cards (or New Years greetings) tossing them in the mailbox will be a delightful task on your December list.  Last week on my family blog (a little bit of everything family, crafty, and organization) I shared a mini series on tips for getting the most out of your holiday card budget. While I am not going to repeat them here, you are welcome to look back at them for reference. Here today I offer my fifth tip.

Holiday Card Tip #5: Premium quality, a simple to navigate design process, great customer service, and speedy shipping are worth the extra cost.

This Christmas the majority of greeting cards our family will send have come from Paper Culture.  I have always appreciated clean lines, creative fonts, and vibrant colors.  While scrolling through the many holiday card options it was obvious that clean, creative, and colorful are important to the Paper Culture artists as well!


Paper Culture offered me the opportunity to order cards for the purpose of sharing about their company here on ABC & 123.  I was on the search for a design heavy on the greens, blues, and browns because of the outfits we wore in our pictures.  They may not seems like the traditional Christmas colors to some, but don't worry there are plenty of holly red, evergreen, and snow white choices too.  The most difficult part of the entire customization process for me was choosing one design.  So, I ended up ordering two (smiles!).


Part of the design process I especially appreciated were the many options for editing photos.  Similar to Instagram options, once a SOOC (straight out of the camera) photo is uploaded the color can be manipulated to give the photo a special style of its' own.  In one of my designs I used the Singe effect.  In the other design I tried San Carmen.  I also love soft focus for the dreamy Christmas Eve type effect.


Here are a few fun facts for you:

Paper Culture is eco-friendly - all cards and envelopes are made of 100% post consumer recycled paper.

Paper Culture cards are printed on 130lb. weigh stock paper with signature rounded corners.

Paper Culture cards are shipped in a signature logo box perfect for safe storage until they are ready to be addressed and mailed.


My husband works as a landscaper and spends a lot of time caring for trees.  His boss is also quite a tree enthusiast.  His email tag line is,"Trees - they are doing God's work.  Are you?"  We thought it was appropriate to dedicate a tree on his behalf as part of our holiday giving.  Simple enough.  Paper Culture plants a tree with every order.  They provide a place to choose a custom graphic and write a dedication message with the completion of your order.  An eco-friendly bonus!


Here are the lovely cards I am looking forward to mailing in December.  (Although, I will have to have one more secret style on my desk for those of you who read here and get mail from us at the holidays!)  I have smudged out some of the custom text for internet safety reasons, but trust me there are many options for mixing and matching customized text and great fonts!

I encourage you to get your elves to work on putting together a special design for your holiday season  and save yourself the stress after Thanksgiving!


Disclosure: Thank you to Paper Culture, and Resourcefully Mommy Media, for the opportunity to participate in this marketing campaign.  They provided me with a promotional code to order 20 cards of my choice.  The fun facts above are paraphrased from the Paper Culture website and the opinions are my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment