ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

elcome! New to ABC and 123?
Please check out our FAQ in the left sidebar.

This Wondertime Wednesday edition is devoted to winter weather fun.  Hope you enjoy our round up of snowy, icy, and cold experiments and activities.

The following is a Science Lesson depicting how polar bears stay warm, from The Adventures of Bear.

Eperiement and explore with Monkeyin' Around's eye spy ice cubes.

For a fun and unique way to teach about how colors mix and change try Monkeyin' Around's colored ice experiment.

Here's a fun recipe from Dresses and Messes for snow ice cream! So yummy!

Playing with ice:  With this activity children learn the funny properties of water, They also learned that water thaws faster if we introduce the ice in water. 


Play, Explore, and Learn shares a great snow sculpturing activity to accompany the book Frozen Noses.

Our Adventures in Education just completed their snow and ice activities.  You will want to check out their creative way of creating their own ice crystals.

5 comments:

  1. Aw man, I totally didn't get mine submitted in time. I had a great science experiment making fake snow, for those of us who don't get snow..... Oh well, next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun ideas! I am going to try the eye spy ones for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great activities! I had two great cold weather activities too, I am so out of it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx for posting my idea!!! Totally made my morning this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love all the ideas. I can't wait to get started on making crystals. Also, thanks for posting my idea!

    ReplyDelete