ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Tonya

Friday, October 15, 2010

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Tonya

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.


Abundantly Blessed 4

Hi Y’all! My name is Tonja and I am a stay at home mom who lives in West Texas. I have been married to my best friend, Michael for 5 years as of July. We have two wonderful, handsome little men, Jacob and Tyler. Jacob is 4 and started preschool this year. He only goes half a day, but he loves it! Tyler is and he is mommy’s little helper during the day when bubba is at school.

My blog is called Abundantly Blessed. I chose the name because I feel like God has blessed me abundantly in my life. Everyday I have something new to thank Him for. My blog is about anything and everything! I like to post about cooking, decorating, photography and the few crafts that I do.

I would love to share a few of my favorite things with you. To start off I love to cook! I am always in the kitchen trying something new or trying to perfect something that I have cooked before. Just recently I made Deer Fajitas. Some people may call the Venison Fajitas. Around our house we eat deer meat year round. I will make everything from deer burgers to roast. The best part it is deer meat is really lean and good for you!
DeerFajitas

http://michaelandtonja.blogspot.com/2010/09/deer-fajitas-and-michelada.html

I have just discovered my inner desire to decorate. My house was a hot mess… so I decided to redecorate from top to bottom. Even though it is a work in progress, I am really enjoying it. I know that I am not an interior decorator by any means, but I am having fun turning our house into a home and making it a place that is truly ours and a place for friends and family to gather.

I have to say that I really enjoy photography. I recently purchased a Canon T2i camera and I carry it everywhere with me because you never know when the perfect picture is going to present itself. My favorite things to photograph are the ones that I find outside of town… like barbed wire fences, pump jacks and old abandoned houses. I love to photograph my kids too don’t get me wrong, but there is something about an abandoned house that has this beauty to it.
One of my favorite photos

026c1

I saved the best for last… My favorite thing to do is spending time with my boys no matter what we may be doing. One of our favorite things to do together is make donuts on Saturday mornings. I fry them while Jacob and Tyler sugar them for us. it is a very important job and they take it very seriously.

donuts1
donuts3

I would like to thank the Katies again for letting me do a guest post today. You can reach me at http://michaelandtonja.blogspot.com or www.twitter.com/lifesblessings3. I am always looking for new wonderful people to meet and swap recipes or craft ideas with.

2 comments:

  1. The photo of the field and the fence is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All,

    Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you in the 2010 Homeschool Blog Awards (Best Group or Family Blog).

    Warmly,
    Mari-Ann

    ReplyDelete