ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Maggy

Friday, May 20, 2011

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Maggy

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.



I am so pleased to have the opportunity to Feature myself this week on this fabulous website!! So who am I and what is Red Ted Art? I am Maggy Woodley. I am half Austrian, half Spanish, living in the Uk – married to an Englishman. I like to think of myself as an “European”. I have one son – Red Ted (3) and one little girl - Pip Squeak (1). Red Ted is a very lucky boy, as he has a blog named after him. I am very lucky mum, as I have the "real" Red Ted (needles to say I am bias) and of course the lovely Pip Squeak. I like making my friends’ birthday cards. In spring I grow tomatoes and other veg (with varying degrees of success). In autumn I make green tomatoe chutney. I like baking Austrian cookies at Christmas. Above all though, I love to craft - craft with my children and for my children. Craft for my friends and for me. And that is what Red Ted Art is all about!

I am passionate about crafting and like to encourage others to have a go - to discover the craftiness within them and have fun with their kids! There are weekly Kids Crafts and weekly Tutorials - hopefully providing something for all age groups! There is a monthly themed feature of other people's lovely crafts called "Get Crafty". A great way to find seasonal crafts all in one place! My current favourite activities:


Our Castle & People

This was a rather "spur of the moment" craft - Red Ted loved his "Boy & Penguin" from a few weeks earlier and we just "started making and making and making" one day - the castle and the people where made from a cardboard box and lots of paper roll tubes. Some paint, googley eyes (v important) and fabric scraps! We have had HOURS of play since. I love them and more importantly, so does Red Ted! I love this craft, as it came "from nothing". It was cheap and inexpensive and we were able to add to it over time.


Story Cubes

These are for your children, you can involve the children in the designs. The idea is simple: some little wooden blocks, varnished and add some simple pictures - throw the dice and tell a story according to the pictures thrown! Take turns. Throw more dice. Your choice!

 Book & Cook – Duckie’s Rainbow & Rainbow Cookies
Rainbow Cookies

Craftiness shouldn't be restricted to the crafting table - you can be creative anywhere: including the kitchen! These rainbow cookies are simple and fun to make and you can teach a little "colour theory" whilst you are at it! (What happens when you mix yellow and red? what do you get when you mix blue and red...?). We loved making them and LOVED eating them! Red Ted now knows the ingredients for this very basic cookie by heart! Fabulous.
 How to.. Teach Yourself to Crochet
Teach Yourself to Crochet

 I love this post, as it is all about what Red Ted Art is about - to inspire you to try something new! When I started Red Ted Art I could not crochet. In fact, I had no interest in crochet at all. I could knit and that was plenty.. but through a crochet Amigurumi Guest Post on Red Ted Art, I suddenly discovered an interest. I really wanted to be able to make one of those cute cute teddies. So decided to teach myself and then share how I did it. I DO hope you take a look and that you maybe are inspired to learn to crochet too!

 Thank you so much to ABC and 123 for this opportunity to feature myself and show you a little bit about what is on offer on Red Ted Art! I do hope you liked what you saw and that you stop by for a visit! Red Ted Art is all about inspiration! You can find my blog at http://www.redtedart.com. Or click here. I am also very active on twitter @redtedart and love meeting new people. Or click here. As well as Facebook. Click here. I am always interested in Guest Posters for my tutorial section!! So do drop me a line if you have a tutorial for me info (at) redtedart (dot) com.

7 comments:

  1. I love Maggy's blog! So many fun crafts with and for children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie has such wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love RedTedArt's blog! So very inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Maggy's Blog! She has wonderful and simple craft ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Maggy & her blog! How nice to read this here! :)

    Bernadette
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah thank you again for the feature and thank you for all your lovely comments, ladies. Am feeling the bloggy love :-)

    Maggy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!

    www.lessonplandiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete