ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Play To Learn ~ Rush Hour

Monday, May 9, 2011

Play To Learn ~ Rush Hour

Welcome to this week’s Play To Learn series! Today we’re playing with the fun and educational: Rush Hour Jr. By ThinkFun

51jOUADWdyL._SL500_AA300_

I know it sounds funny, but I never really understood how to play this game until recently!

IMG_1323

It’s actually quite simple (or difficult depending on the game setup.)  The goal is to get the Ice Cream truck (The white one on the left) out through the opening on the right. This game comes with cards showing how to set up various levels of difficulty. We started out with the easiest ones and moved on to harder ones.

IMG_1300

It’s great for building logical thinking skills, and plus its super fun! The kids love this new addition to their workboxes.

IMG_1299

I just read Loving Living Math by Cindy West and LOVE the concept! I’m like most people and having a hard time letting go of my daily math book, so I’ve just added in some fun games for now, and Rush Hour Jr. is definitely on our list for “Fun Boxes

If you have more ideas to share, or would like to be included in future “Play To Learn” posts, please email me at homeschoolerconfessions {at} gmail {dot} com, we’d love to hear from you!

signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment