ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Annette

Friday, November 19, 2010

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Annette

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.


Hi! I'm Annette from Live, Learn, Love. It is the place where I share my love of crafting and reading. I also love making easy and yummy foods, so I often share recipes, too. After teaching elementary school for eight years, we had our first child and I became a stay at home mom. My love of teaching has definitely influenced my children as we love to learn together, though we do not intend to homeschool. You might read about my daughter and how she has overcome her speech disorder or our children's health issues, but my hope is that readers know we are greatly blessed by God each day!

Since I'm a stay at home mom, I find myself in the kitchen most afternoons during nap time. I've posted some of my favorite recipes like a delicious and easy chocolate chip cookie pie, grilled pizza, chicken spiedies (a local food to where we grew up...so good!), French dip, cinnamon rolls, and others. I also wrote about how I organized my recipes on color coded laminated paper which was probably my best idea ever.

Super Easy French Dip!

I love to read! Since time is precious, I also enjoy audio books in the kitchen and car. Some of my favorites are Anne of Green Gables, the Betsy-Tacy series, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Mysterious Benedict Society.I review books regularly, and often have giveaways for them, too! I pretend to be crafty, but really...not so much. Really, I am just better at procrastinating. Once in a while I do complete a project though!

Three Little Pig Finger Puppets

Family Tree

Prayer Cards

Manger and Baby Jesus for Advent Activities

Most often if I am crafting, it is because I am working and playing with my 4 year old daughter or, more recently, my 2 year old son.


Button Snowflake

Christmas Keepsake Ornament

Shape Owl or Valentine

I hope you will come to visit us at Live, Learn, Love! Today (11/19) is the last day for a $100 giveaway from You Can Make This! Hop on over if you are interested, and I hope you will enjoy what you see and maybe even be inspired to create something for your family or with your family!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I just love those crafts. The three little pigs and wolf-- fabulous! Those would make such great stocking stuffers!! And the initial tree... so neat!

    The dip looks delish. Can't wait to check out the site. A grilled pizza recipe... Mmmm... here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Annette!! How fun to see you featured on ABC & 123!!!

    ReplyDelete