ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Heather

Friday, December 10, 2010

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Heather

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.



Greetings! My name is Heather, creator of Mommy's Little Helper. I received an Associates Degree in Preschool Education in 2004 and in December of 2005 I became a SAHM. I now have three boys (nearly 5, 3, and 9 months old).





I started Mommy's Little Helper about 2 and a half years ago, just recording things I would do with my oldest. It has evolved into a blog mainly about our preschool adventures!



The main blogging I do is about our daily preschool activities. I basically take the notes I need for myself as I do preschool with my boys and turn it into a blog post so you'll find Gathering Time, Focus Activities, Other Possible Ideas, and the Resources. We've done a lot of creative things especially this year. It has been a lot of fun having two preschoolers in the house!









Our Apple Theme was a HUGE success. One of our favorite activities was taste testing different kinds of apples. I joined in the fun! We discovered that there are quite a variety of apples and some of them we enjoyed more than others. I made a little chart for them to circle the apple they liked the best.






Another activity that I had a great time making was a Farm Silhouette Matching Game when we talked about Farmers. I knew that my boys enjoyed matching games, but I wanted to change it up a little so I pulled out my Cricut Machine and went to town.






Recently I decided to step out of my comfort zone a little and try to do some lessons on the Food Pyramid. I did several lessons on this topic. I think one of my boys favorite activities was doing a Healthy Food Collage. They took pictures of favorite foods and glued them to construction paper. The collages went on our fridge to help us remember to make healthy food choices.






One of the things that we do annually (my oldest won't let me get away with not doing it now) is a gingerbread theme based off of the "Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett. We have a great time making gingerbread houses, cookies, and ornaments to hang on our tree.






I hope you will stop by Mommy's Little Helper and have a look around. I've got a lot of festive things planned for the month of December and feel free to check out some of the things we've done in the past too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment