ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Shonda

Friday, April 1, 2011

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Shonda

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.


Hi, I'm Shonda here at Milk N' Honey Learn and Grow! I'm so glad you have dropped by to visit. I was a Kindergarten teacher for 12 years and now a Stay at Home Mom. I have a 2 year old son and I'm expecting another baby in May. I have really enjoyed the privilege of watching my son learn and grow. Oh, yes, that's where I got my blog name! God brought the Israelites to a new land flowing with milk and honey where they could learn and grow (Exodus 3:8). That is what we will be doing here!

I started this blog about a year ago to chronicle the adventures I have in teaching my son. I love to share about what's cooking, music, books, learning activities, parenting resources and free/fun activities out and about. I also try to participate in a few weekly memes and I do occasional reviews and giveaways. I love to hear from my readers, so leave comments when you can! Here are some posts of what's been happening here at Milk N' Honey Learn and Grow:

Brightly Beaming Resources lesson plan on Lighthouses I plan to homeschool and I'm just getting my feet wet with teaching my son with these easy lesson plans. I try to do two lessons a month and my son is picking up on letters and numbers so quickly as well as shapes, colors and nursery rhymes. Be sure to check out the Brightly Beaming Resources website for FREE lesson plans.

Learning Activity: Throwing Balls down the stairs! This is a gross motor learning activity and a rainy day idea as well! My son just loves throwing balls down the stairs. We count the balls, the stairs and also get lots of exercise.

Spiritual Growth of Children (FOTF Complete Guide)

Parenting Resource: Building a Spiritual Foundation There is nothing more important to me than teaching my son about God. I always look for great resources to share with you that help in that endeavor.

Free and Fun Friday: Visiting a Farm I love finding free activities in our area as well as giving you ideas of what you can do. I like to take advantage of good weather and also learning opportunities. There is so much to discover! I would love for you to come visit Milk N' Honey Learn and Grow! You can also find me on Facebook.

5 comments:

  1. Shonda has lots of great ideas that she shares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I just came across this blog today! Way to go Shonda :)

    How do you all choose your Feature of the week? If you are interested please check out my blog: Kdoublestuffed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shondra, I really LOVE the way you showcase your lesson plan. I'd really love to do something similar with my 3 yo grand daughter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete