ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Tracy

Friday, April 22, 2011

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Tracy

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.


I am a devout Catholic, homeschooling, mother with a loving and supportive husband and 4 beautiful "cupcakes." My children are my pride and joy and they are the inspiration for this sweet blog I have created to document my passions in life, my creativity, and my family's memories. I started this blog as a way to document all the cakes I have decorated for my children in the past 10 plus years. You can check out all my cakes on my blog HERE. But, my blog has a little bit of everything and shows little "slices" or glimpses of our busy family life.

I am fairly new to blogging (as of June 2010) and have created this blog from "scratch" without knowing a thing about the blogging world or the blogosphere as it is called. I am also a REAL Mommy who has all the ups and downs of mommy-hood and homeschool-hood. I only disclose this to let you know that I am not one of those "perfect, always put together mommy bloggers". (Just ask my dear husband, my cute cupcakes, and my closest friends) I continually struggle with trying to balance it "all", and I am always striving to put my priorities in the right order! I hope I can inspire myself and others through this blog. As I continue to take baby blog steps, I am enjoying this learning process and meeting great bloggers along the way from all over the world!
Some Favorite Activities/Crafts/Posts of Mine
Easter Story Cookies

Since today is Good Friday, I thought I would share one of my favorite activities that I love to do with my family for the Easter season: Easter Story Cookies. You can find a recipe for them HERE. We have been making this an annual tradition on Holy Saturday evening, the day before Easter morning. I love that we can do this as a family to explain the Easter story. The cookies are not only yummy, but they really do look like empty tombs when you bite into them to remind us that Jesus is risen!


LifeSaver Ornaments

Another favorite activity I like to do each year with my children around Christmas time is to make LifeSaver Ornaments. This craft is very easy, although you have to be careful because the LifeSaver ornaments break easily! My children love to make the designs and watch them melt in the oven to turn into sweet and beautiful ornaments! My children love to eat the candy too! You can read more about these ornaments at my blog post HERE.
Our Homeschool Classroom

When I first started homeschooling in 2005, we were building our current home and my homeschool room was in our small dining room. I had 3 children at that time. Four years ago we moved into our new home and we are blessed to have a beautiful room that is designated as our classroom area. I enjoy the natural light that comes into the room and the space. I have more photos and information about our homeschool room HERE

Chore Charts

Chore Charts are always a hot topic it seems for homeschoolers and non-homeschoolers alike. How do I get my children to do chores on a regular basis and help them keep track of each chore? At the beginning of this school year, I came up with this chore system to help organize our chores. I can't say we have been consistent with keeping up with this system, but I wanted to share this idea in hopes that it will give others ideas on how to best set up chore charts for their family.
Our Helping Hands


Another way to keep up with chores is this Helping Hands system I came up with to help organize a few kitchen chores. These helping hands have helped keep track of who does which chore in the kitchen each day. You can read my post HERE for more information on how I use our helping hands to get work done together in the kitchen.


You can read more posts at my blog, A Slice of Smith Life.

You can also find my blog page on Facebook and if you like what you see, you can click "Like" on my Facebook blog page!




You can also find my blog at No Ordinary Blog Hop (NOBH) where I co-host this fun blog hop with Lynda at My Heart's Desire and Anna-Marie at Life's Adventures. Come join NOBH and find out what makes it so not ordinary! :) Here's one of the cool NOBH buttons (Thanks to Lynda, our "blog button queen") you can grab to put on your blog:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my blog on your wonderful blog with great resources! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete