ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Play To Learn: Imaginets

Monday, April 11, 2011

Play To Learn: Imaginets

Welcome to this week’s Play To Learn series! Today we’re going to talk about this fun little product I picked up at our local homeschool fair called Imaginets.

613WakZ4YUL._SL500_AA300_

As most of you know, I’m a total sucker for fun colorful stuff, and these were so cute I couldn’t resist! They come with a set of idea cards which are great for preschoolers!  IMG_1348

Your kids use the card then re-create the image using the magnetic wooden shape blocks, or they can also create their own original designs as well.IMG_1350

The blocks are great for boosting fine motor, and visual thinking skills. And though the product is rated for ages 3 and up, it’s been a favorite for my 2 year old all the way to my 8 year old!

IMG_1352

As an added bonus each side of the carrying case is magnetic, so they can build on both sides or just one. Blocks and cards easily store inside for easy storage as well! So we’ll definitely be adding Imaginets to my list of “Favorite Preschool Things!”

IMG_1353

If you have more ideas to share, or would like to be included in future “Play To Learn” posts, please email me at homeschoolerconfessions {at} gmail {dot} com, we’d love to hear from you!

signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! My students use shape blocks in the same fashion, but I am going to have to shop for these. Thank you for sharing!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought that same set for Henry's birthday this week - I can't wait to see what he does with them!

    Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

    ReplyDelete