ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Sarah

Friday, September 24, 2010

Feature Yourself Friday: Meet Sarah

Welcome! New to ABC and 123? Please check out our FAQ in the sidebar.

Today is our first in a series of weekly features that we're thrilled by the response to! We have so many people interested that we're scheduled through spring! Today we'd like to introduce you to Sarah from The Ramblings and Adventures of a SAHM.

I quit my full time job as an Attorney to stay at home with my daughter Ryleigh when she was 9 months old....It was the best decision I ever made....Now I practice on my schedule... We had our son Braeden a little over a year ago... Life with a preschooler and a soon to be toddler gets pretty hectic...and I am busier now than I was when I "went" to work everyday!

My husband and I met while working at a summer camp...and have been married for a little over 9 years... I consider myself extremely lucky that he works so hard so that I am able to stay home...

I teach a Mommy & Me music class .... homeschool preschool for Ryleigh and some friends...and have started doing "tot school" for Braeden... In my free time (if you can call it that)...I teach piano lessons to 3 and 4 year olds...take on legal cases...and blog....

Ryleigh...
Braeden...
They play really well together...

Some of the kids around the gathering drum during Music Class...
The lesson plan is made up of songs, instruments, rhythm recognition,
dancing and parachute time.


Ryleigh enjoyed doing a toilet paper mache project for stART one week...stART (a story + art) is hosted by my friend Michelle at A Mommy's Adventures...it was really easy to manipulate, fun to do and was fairly sturdy when it dried....
For another stART project we made a firefly...entirely out of shapes...great not only for review of shapes, but also listening to directions and doing things in order....
We also like to use our felt board...for pattern work... story (re)telling...sequential exercises... and sometimes just to use to make different designs... it's a great way to be hands on!
Until our classroom is finished we have preschool and tot school in our makeshift room (dining room)...

To come see what we are up to...The Ramblings and Adventures of a SAHM...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment