ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: Books About Birthdays in Celebration of Ours!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Books About Birthdays in Celebration of Ours!

Today is ABC & 123s 2nd Birthday! Some of you have been following us faithfully from the beginning and others of you have just found us recently. We are so thankful for you all! In honor of our birthday we wanted to share a round up of fun birthday themed children's books.





A Birthday for Frances by Russell Hoban, Lillian Hoban (Illustrator)
Alfie and the Birthday Surprise by Shirley Hughes (Illustrator)
Another Birthday by Mary Engelbreit (Illustrator)
Arthur's Birthday by Marc Brown
Birthday Monsters! by Sandra Boynton
Birthday Presents by Cynthia Rylant, Sucie Stevenson (Illustrator)
Carl's Birthday by Alexandra Day
Curious George and the Birthday Surprise by H.A. & Margaret Rey
Happy Birthday, Moon by Frank Asch
Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss
Little Miss Birthday by Roger Hargreaves
Junie B. Jones and that Meanie Jim's Birthday (#6) by Barbara Park
Moira's Birthday by Robert Munsch
Where is Baby's Birthday Cake by Karen Katz
Smart Pumpkin Patch makes suggestions for age appropriate birthday themed books for children ages 3-6.

I couldn't resist sharing with you this birthday party inspired by the Olivia books which I found on Emma's World. Adorable!

Pinkalicious made a pretty party for the birthday girl at Cutie Pies Custom Creations.

Madeline is another favorite character for young readers. This little lady inspired an amazing birthday party theme as well.

Little Blog of Stories through a "book-tastic" party.

Lula Bells Daughter put together a bookworm party.

What are your favorite birthday themed books?
Have you built a celebration around your child's favorite book character?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Patricia Polacco is one of my favorite authors. She writes from experiences in her own childhood. The story I enjoy reading at the end of the year is Some Birthday. The girl, Patricia, visits her father with her brother for her birthday. She is disappointed when everyone apparently has forgotten. Great connections can be made to Patricia Polacco's Picnic at Mudstock Meadow, which I read in October. After reading the book, I bring out a special treat for all the "NON BIRTHDAYS!" These are kids whom have birthdays during the summer (like me)!! We seem to be forgotten (I was growing up). I make cupcake mix and pour it into a ice cream cone. I bake the mix in the ice cream cone in the oven. I dress the top up with frosting and sprinkles. I love that the treat does not make a mess and won't melt!! Everyone is Happy.

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy BIrthday!

    I love the list and will be checking them out.

    Birthdays at Christmas is a good one. http://ALessonLearnedSeries.com/
    It teaches a good lesson about jealousy.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had an I Spy party based on the Scholastic I Spy books. Here is my link:
    http://millertooth.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-party-video.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Love your site.

    ReplyDelete