ABC and 123: A Learning Collaborative: A Special Needs Student Resource

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Special Needs Student Resource

Welcome to our Tuesday Teacher Feature! New to ABC and 123?
Please check out our FAQ in the left sidebar.





Thanks to Lyla for sharing this elementary resource with us.



Stuttering Stan Takes a Stand
by Artie Knapp (Author)
Barbara L. Gibson (Illustrator)



Lyla says,
"There is a new book for kids who stutter that I would highly recommend. The book is titled Stuttering Stan Takes a Stand, and it's about a little squirrel who stutters. I bought this book because of the great reviews, and it actually exceeded my expectations. It's perfect for a read aloud environment like in the classroom."



NSAStutter.org also has a PDF synopsis of this book available for your review.

To read more reviews on this book, check it out on Amazon .

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Lyla and Katies!

    I will soon be getting a different book, but it helps kids with speech problems. I expect it will be great, but will share more after I see it.

    ReplyDelete